I did it! 2 semesters down, several more to go! This is the greatest feeling ever! I thought that my first semester was challenging, I didn’t know what was coming my way. Second semester kicked my butt! BAD! (But also in a good way, I mean I did it!) I don’t think I have ever been so tired in my entire life! And I also didn’t know I could feel so helpless when learning something (Photoshop anyone?!) But, I was never great at school but I at least had somewhat of a concept. The good thing is that it is over! & that I feel like I can do something in Photoshop. You can see exhibit A below. I was pretty proud of my final project.
Last semester I wrote 10 things I learned. You can read that here. I thought I would keep the tradition going. So here you go!
10 things I have learned in my second semester of Art School:
- Always backup all of your photos. At least once a week. Try for more. Because there is nothing worse then losing all of your pictures the week before your final portfolio is due.
- When a teacher says that something will click just believe them. It happens.
- Sleep is for the weak. I’m only slightly kidding here.
- My family wins at being the best family ever! I pulled my Achilles tendon earlier this summer and consequently I was in a boot for almost the entire semester. Fun fact: You can’t really drive with a boot. So my family took turns driving me. They are the real MVP’s!
- Trust your gut. Take the picture. Don’t second guess yourself. When you do your photos show it.
- Having a tripod fall on your good foot hurts. #ThanksTom
- Video is not an easy thing to do. Staying still alone took me almost an entire semester! Let alone taking the time to fight with premiere to edit. Man I have mad respect for videographers.
- It isn’t always about the grade. It’s about making sure you’re learning something. I had a rough go with getting some answers about a grade this semester for a class that I don’t really know if I learned much about what I was supposed to.
- Being organized is so ridiculously important. It just gets better with each semester.
- Eventually I will get out of this a full blown real photographer. Which if you ask me is pretty dang neat!
11.I have finally named my photography business! Go check out @acalephotography on Instagram and Facebook!(Shameless plug) But I mean like you don’t have to!
And that’s all folks! I love you lots! Be Safe during the eclipse. Stay tuned y’all!