How did I just finish a whole freaking year of art school?! I am officially done with my third semester and I am so flipping excited about it. This semester had its own special challenges (read: MATH) But I was able to make it through! This is one of my favorite things that I do on this blog. (That I know I completely forgot about. But I have goals to fix that in the new year!) Looking back on semester one and two has been so crazy. I remember starting feeling like I wouldn’t make it through the week let alone an entire year! So here are the ten things I learned this semester.
- Don’t move in the middle of a semester around midterms.
- Living only 8 minutes away from school is seriously the best thing ever!
- I still hate math. BUT I never have to take it again..and that feels pretty dang great.
- It is okay to go and just do some shooting for yourself. I think this will always be a struggle while I am in school. But it feels good to go shoot something you want to do that isn’t necessarily an assignment.
- I have the greatest friends. Seriously, whenever I needed models for my classes I was always able to get people who actually showed up which really helps when you think about it!
- Photoshop isn’t as hard when you have a teacher who will teach you several ways to do something and lets you pick the way that is easiest of you. Go Grant.
- It is okay if not everyone likes how much you charge to take photos. This is a career. It isn’t a hobby. I don’t just ‘take pictures’ I am a photographer.
- Because of all the work I have put into my craft I get to go to Ecuador in the spring for a travel photography class.
- Photojournalism is not for me and that is okay. I don’t feel comfortable just taking pictures of people without them knowing. Although I still think I could make a killer Private Detective like Veronica Mars.
- There is nothing wrong with figuring out your priorities. This blog suffered a lot this semester. But my sanity needed to step back. And I learned that..that is okay!
And that is what I have today!
Love you so much!
I am working on posts as you read this!